WELCOME TO LMK PHOTOGRAPHY. THE HOME OF HIGH QUALITY IMAGES OF DERRY. DONEGAL, IRELAND AND BEYOND
Bishops Gate Snow..
Bishops Gate.......One of the gates situated along the Derry Walls. This original gate was replaced in 1789 by the present structure - a triumphal arch. This was to mark the first centenary of the closing of the gates by The Apprentice Boys of Derry. The architect was H.A. Baker, with the sculpted heads representing the River Foyle (external) and the River Boyne(internal) designed by Edward Smyth, who had sculptured the thirteen riverine heads on the Dublin Custom House in c.1784. On either side of the gate are steps giving access to the City Walls.
Gallery / Shop
Workshops \ Tutoring